You can claim compensation for any injuries or losses suffered which are a direct result of the negligent treatment you received.
This can include:
- Pain and suffering
- Ongoing treatment
- If you cannot carry out certain activities or hobbies
- Loss of earnings
- The cost of any extra care or equipment you may require
- The cost of adapting your home
- Psychiatric or psychological injury
What if my loved one has died as a result of clinical negligence?
If the case relates to someone who has died because of clinical negligence, you can claim:
- ‘Bereavement damages’ of £10,000 if your husband or wife, or your child if they were under 18, died;
- Loss of dependency if you were financially dependent on the person who died; or
- A claim on behalf of a deceased patient’s estate.
Will I have to go to court?
Clinical negligence claims rarely end up with a trial in court. Many cases are settled after all the investigations are completed and before legal proceedings are issued, and the majority before a trial commences. Both sides are encouraged to settle the matter quickly and to avoid incurring extra costs.
Get in touch
If you would like to know more about how our tailored services can best suit your needs, do not hesitate to get in touch. Although based in Greater Manchester, we can provide high-quality legal assistance to those who need it around the UK. Call us today on 01706 624029, or fill in the online contact form.