Thousands of people are treated by doctors, dentists, nurses and other health care workers every week. And whilst the standard of healthcare in this country is usually high sometimes things go wrong.
What is a Medical Accident?
A “medical accident” is when something goes wrong whilst you are receiving medical treatment. It describes situations where a patient has been harmed, not because of a recognised risk or unavoidable complications of their treatment, but because a doctor or healthcare professional has not given the appropriate standard of care.
It is important to remember that if your treatment has not worked or there have been complications, it does not necessarily mean there has been a mistake, or that someone is to blame. As with all medical treatment, there are recognisable and unavoidable risks.
As a patient, the law expects you to receive a reasonable standard of care from your healthcare profession.
Clinical or medical negligence includes medical accidents such as:
- Prescribing you the wrong medication
- Making the wrong diagnosis or delaying the correct diagnosis
- Making a mistake during an operation or procedure
Clinical negligence can also include situations where something has not been done that should have been done, such as:
- Not getting your consent (agreement) to treatment
- Not giving you the treatment that you needed
- Not warning you about the risks of a particular type of treatment
We have expertise in:
- Amputation Claims
- Birth Injury and Gynaecology Claims
- Blood Clots and DVT
- Cancer Claims
- Fracture Misdiagnosis claims
- Head Injury Claims
- Laser Eye Surgery Claims
- GP Claims
- Misdiagnosis Claims
- Orthopaedic Claims
- Pharmaceutical Claims
- Pressure Sores
- Pregnancy & Maternal Injury Claims
- Problems with Cosmetic Surgery
- Spinal Injury Claims
- Wrongful Birth and Wrongful Conception
- Surgery Claims
No case is too unusual – even if you don’t think your situation is covered by any of the above, simply call us on 01706 624029 or complete the form here. We have offices in Cheshire, North and South Manchester.
Get in touch
If you would like to know more about how our tailored services can best suit your needs, do not hesitate to get in touch. Although based in Greater Manchester, we can provide high-quality legal assistance to those who need it around the UK. Call us today on 01706 624029, or fill in the online contact form.